Vilnius International Airport (VNO) which is the largest airport in Lithuania is also located near the center of Vilnius (7 km away from the center). VNO can handle about 3 million passengers per year. The airport employs the most famous European airlines such as Lufthansa, Ryanair, Wizz Air, SAS, LOT, Finnair, Brussels Airlines, Austrian Airlines and other companies. Also, you can reach Vilnius via Kaunas International Airport which is located in about 100 km distance. The Ryanair has establised base from which 19 European cities can be reached.
The first terminal was built in 1953 and it survived till nowadays. Today this building is used as arrival terminal. A new departure terminal was built in 1993, departure terminal was conected with the old building. A major change for the airport has become year 2007: passenger terminal was expanded and modernized in order to meet the requirements of the Schengen Agreement. Outlets, cafés, information desks, airline departments, travel agencies, VIP lounge, ATMs, car rental offices, luggage storage are now now available in a new passenger terminal.
From to the airport
Vilnius International Airport (VNO) can be easily reached by public transport: bus, train or shuttle taxi.
- By public transport. VNO can be reached by the following buses: Number 1 (Timetable) and Number 2 (Timetable). When tickets are purchased in a newsagent - fare 2Lt and if tickets are purchased on the bus then standard price - 2.5 Lt.
- Shuttle taxi. This transport can be used when you need to reach airport fast. Shuttle taxi that go to airport: 15, 20, 24 and 47, every 10 minutes. Tickets can be purchased from driver, standard fare - 3 Lt.
- By train. Special express train goes to Vilnius Airport every hour from Vilnius train station. The trip takes only ū minutes, fare - 2.5 Lt. Timetable can be found www.litrail.lt.
- By long-distance bus. Klaipėda, Palanga and Kaunas can be reached directly from Vilnius Airport. The "Ollex" bus travels from Klaipėda to Vilnius Airport twice per day. Tickets can be booked online www.airport-express.lt. From Palanga via Klaipeda and Kaunas to Vilnius runs bus service every day. Travel from / to Palanga costs 55 Lt, from / to Klaipėda 50 Lt, from / to Kaunas 17 Lt. You can make reservations online: www.iticket.lt.
If you came to the airport by car, then you can leave itr on paid sites. Sites (parking areas) are divided into two zones: a long-term parking and short-term parking. Here you can leave the car for free for 15 minutes, longer parking costs: 30 min. - 2 Lt, 1 hour. - 4 Lt. Long-term car parking prices range from 18Lt to 30 Lt per night, depending on the company which operates the site. Long-term parking can be booked online: www.unipark.lt
Information about Vilnius Airport
Vilnius airport is located in Rodūnios kelias 10A; telephone number: +37052739305, email: email@example.com
; Web page: www.vilnius-airport.lt
Facts: Vilnius International Airport covers an area of 326 ha, the runway length is 2,515 m and width - 50 m. An airport has also received category 4E. It employs 300 workers.
Small Planet Airlines
- one of the biggest charter companies in the Baltic and Eastern countries. This company uses Vilnius Aiport as a base airport for its planes, this company also performs charter flights mostly from this airport. The company's headquarters are located in Vilnius also. Currently, Small Planet Airlines offers flights to the resorts of Thailand, Bulgaria, Egypt, Greece, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Portugal, Tunisia, Turkey and Ukraines.
Other charter companies that operate from Vilnius Airport: Avion Express
, Bulgaria Air
Kaunas International Airport
This is the second largest airport in Lithuania which is located near Kaunas. It is worth to know that only 100 km separate Vilnius city center and Kaunas international airport. Kaunas airport transports about one million passengers every year. Currently, Kaunas airport is a base airport for the Irish low-cost airlines "Ryanair". Kaunas airport is the only base in the Baltic countries and flies to 18 European airports.
Ryanair Brussels (CRL), Bergamo (BGY), Bremen (BRE), Dublin (DUB), Barcelona (BCN), Paris-Beauvais (BVA), London-Stansted (STN), Rome-Ciampino (CIA), Chania (CHQ), Dusseldorf (DUS), Oslo-Rygge (RYG), Cork (ORK), Liverpool (LPL), Leeds (LBA)
Wizz Air Alesund (AES), Trondheim (TRD), Barcelona (BCN), Bergamo (BGY), Cork (ORK), Eindhoven (EIN), Doncaster-Sheffield (DSA), London-Luton (LTN), Rome-Fiumicino (FCO), Dortmund (DTM), Bergen (BGO), Stavanger (SVG), Oslo-Sandefjord (TRF), Kyiv-Zhulyany (IEV), Paris-Beauvais (BVA)